Thursday, August 26, 2010

Blog Post 1

   My name is Leslie Ketchum and I am from Creola, Alabama. I have two sibling's Kevin Ketchum(16) and Laura Ketchum(22). My parents were divorced when I was ten and my mom got remarried to Chip Logan. He is basically my dad because he treats me like I am his real daughter. Family means a great deal to me. They are always there when you need them and will always stand behind you. I look forward to having my own family down the road.
   When I was younger, I used to play school with my little brother. I was always the teacher. I always knew I was meant to be in education, but was not quite sure which part I wanted to be involved in. It was Secondary Math, but it is now is Elementary Education. I decided that upper-level math just was not for me, at least not right now.
   I enjoy spending time with friends, family, and my boyfriend. I love to sing and have been since I can remember. I also love the outdoors. It is so peaceful and relaxing and since I am in college, I need as much of the outdoors I can get.

  

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you are in my group, Leslie! I can't wait to get to know you! I think we will get along very well. I wish that everyone could realize what a great occupation teaching is and that you should like going to work everyday. That is why I changed my major from physical therapy to education! I am so glad I realized that now instead of down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hailey, I always knew I was meant for Education, but did not know which part. I did, however, change my major from Secondary Math to Elementary and is happy with the decision. I can't wait until we start working on the projects either. Thank you for the comment and hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But we desperately need good math teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know. That's why I chose that field, but decided it just was not for me.

    ReplyDelete