Friday, September 10, 2010

Additional Assignment #1

a.)I like this search engine, but it is not my favorite.
b.) I personally favor this one more. I mainly like the way it is set up after you search something. I have just randomly searched items and compared them and I like the information it gives. I believe this search engine would be better than Google Squared for Educational purposes.
c.) I have never heard of Google Squared before.
d.) I have never heard of Wolframalpha either.
e.) It still amazes me about how technology along with everything has evolved because it has just in my lifetime. As far as the statistics, I do need to be careful about how I perceive them and to not believe everything I see. I know that statistics do tend to be dramatized and how they like to show the biggest difference as possible.
f.) What I learned from this assignment was to not believe everything you hear or see right off the bat. The best way to confirm what you have heard or seen is to research it. Do searches on different search engines to compare the information that was given to you to see if it is close or completely different.

Here is a picture of the Pitcairn Islands that I took from Wolframalpha.com
Pitcairn Island Maps







No comments:

Post a Comment