Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Blog Post 4

Don't Teach Your Kids This Stuff. Please? 
  I agree with Mr. McLeod on this post. He is very truthful and makes his point in a sarcastic manner to get it across to people. I do believe there are sites on the web that are not appropriate for kids and can be blocked. As far as being self-absorbed in social networking, I believe that it is okay to a certain extent. I would be worried if that was all day everyday, but not just a few hours. I think it is a good thing to know whats going on around you and for you to be aware of it.
   Comments on post from EDM Students
       There were a few students who was not completely aware of the sarcasm in this post. My advice to them is to read over it and be absolutely sure you know what the post is about before you comment on it.
  Who is Dr. McLeod?
        Dr. McLeod is an Assoc. Pro. at the Iowa State University in the College of Education. He is all for technology in school. He believes that technology is advancing too quickly and schools are not progressing fast enough.
        
The iSchool Initiative
  He is a pretty inventive student to think of this and to do all of his research.  The student shows the apps that are currently available on the iTouch and shows all that the iSchool could have available in the future. He basically shows us that a lot of the supplies and other stuff needed for school can already be done on the iTouch such as Starwalk, iHomework, and Formulae.
  He also shows us how you can save a lot more money by using the iSchool which is around $150 versus buying supplies, textbooks which would save schools and students around $600. Along with saving money, people also saves natural resources such as trees.
The Lost Generation
  At first, I was kind of disappointed because I am a family oriented person and when it said that work would be more important then family I completely disagreed. Then it started to be read backwards and I was quite impressed with it's layout. It was completely contradicting the first reading.
Eric Whitaker's Virtual Choir 
  At first I was not quite sure what is was and when I found out that it was a choir that was made up of webcams it was amazing. I have been in a choir and know how difficult it is and to think of how precise the timing must be for them all to be on key and synchronized just amazes me.  

4 comments:

  1. I was also amazed by the virtual choir, it was absolutely awesome and had to have taken a lot of time and hard work. I loved the lost generation video, I was disappointed at first as well because like you I am family oriented. I want to get married and have children one day so I was upset about what it said about marriages and also work being more important than family but when it started rolling backwards I loved what it said, it gave me hope for my generation. I wasn't really sure about the ischool initiative at first but after doing some more research on it I see how it can save money and possibly be a good thing. I'm in agreement with you on Dr. McLeod's post. I loved his sarcasm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice to those you missed or could not handle the sarcastic approach. They must now watch SNL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats would be great. Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete