Thursday, September 30, 2010

C4T #2

Students teaching Teachers For my second teacher blog, I was assigned Ms. Jenny. The first post of her's that I read about was how teachers learn from students just as much as students learn from teachers. Students are very smart and creative. She admits that when she first started teaching she got a MAC and did not know how to use the mouse. It did not have a left and right click like the ones she used to use. She also admits that her students taught her how to use it. There was also a video of a very intelligent young girl giving a speech to adults. The girl is speaking about how kids can teach adults. She makes several points in which I agree to all. I Left Ms. Jenny a comment saying that I agreed with her because teachers can learn from students and that they are very smart. I really enjoyed this post. 
Her second post was about a Cultural Festival that her and another lady Ms. Helen Squires came up with. It got the students involved in activities such as umbrella dance, Kung Fu, and a Dragon Dance. The children looked like they had a blast. I left a comment expressing the importance of faculty getting involved with the students in ways such as festivals. It gives students something to look forward to at school, as well as helping them see their teacher out of the classroom and having fun with their students. Ms. Jenny seems as though she is a great teacher that loves her students and helps them enjoy school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment