Saturday, November 27, 2010

Blog Post 13

ALEX logo


ALEX stands for Alabama Learning Exchange. This is an extremely useful site for teacher as well as parents. There are so many features that this website has. I will explain a few of them. When you go to the home website there are many choices you can choose from.  There are Courses of Study, Web Links, Lesson Plans, Professional Learning, Podcast Treasury, ALEXville, and a Search. I will go into detail of a few of them.
I will begin with Courses of Study. Once you click on it, you will see another set of options to choose from. They are all subjects such as the basic ones along with technology, health, languages, etc. You will need to choose one of the subjects and the grade level or type you are interested in and you will find all the topics that go along with that grade or level of math.
Secondly, I will Lesson Plans. ALEX gives you options on how you want to find lesson plans or you can log in and create your own lesson plans. You can search by subject, grade, school,etc. Once you have made a choice go to display results. Under the results, it gives you the entire lesson laid out for you. How much time, objectives, activities you could do are all included along with so much more.
This website is packed full of ideas and helpful things you could do that I can not begin to explain all of the. The most I can do is point you in the right direction in hopes you will check it out.
I am so glad that I was made aware of this sight before I started teaching. There are so many helpful ideas that are encompassed in this site. I will definitely utilize this site when I become a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment