Sunday, November 28, 2010

C4T # 4

I was assigned Ms. Jenna Bentleys' blog for this  C4T. This particular post was titled My Nellie Bly Learning Centre. This has been a project that she has been working on for the past month or so for the Night of the Notables. I had to look at some of her previous post to understand what exactly was going on. She picked Nellie Bly, who is a feminist, stunt journalist, and a writer, because she sees her as being eminent. The project included a game. This particular game was a spin the wheel and you would land on one of four points in Ms. Bly's life. You would then be asked a question and would have to put yourself in her shoes to give the best answer. The game was put in place to start conversations about Nellie Bly.

My second visit to her blog she posted "To Fight for Something as Opposed to Fighting Over Something." She claimed that the minority are more likely to fight for something than to fight over something. Also, the claims that the minority of the minority are the ones that actually make a statement. She give the example of the Founding Fathers. I agree with her on that and I also believe that anyone can put their mind to something that they are passionate about whether or not they are the minority. I was interested by this post also because I just got through studying the relationship between Britain and the American  Colonies. I found this neat because I knew exactly what she was talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment